Patch 3 for Owlbear Rodeo 2.0 beta is out with some usability enhancements and bug fixes.
Refined Players Panel
As we start to work on the upcoming plug-ins feature we're looking at how the UI might change to better support extensibility.
With this in mind we have a new players panel that minimizes and consolidates features for viewing and managing players.
Here is the new panel compared to the previous player cards system:
Instead of each player getting their own card now all players are condensed into a single list that takes up a lot less space.
To better surface the player management controls we have also pulled the permissions and manage players options out from the extras menu and into this new panel.
To make the site more usable on platforms where the URL bar isn't available (such as progressive web apps) we have also added an invite players button which will copy the room URL for you.
Custom Folder Colors
In the previous patch we transitioned to using colored icons to represent folders to better match the new networking design. In this patch we're giving you the option to adjust these colors manually.
When adding a new folder you can now change the color before it's created. You can also edit the color after the folder is created.
To make folders easier to distinguish from one another we have also moved to showing the first two letters of the folder name in the icon instead of only the first.
Enhanced Viewport Sync
In previous versions the viewport sync option would work by matching the top left of the viewport between devices. In this update we have a new algorithm for syncing that will transform the incoming viewport into the current devices view. This will mean that viewport syncing will now be aspect ratio and resolution independent.
- Added better error messaging for session expiry
- Profile information will now sync without the need to refresh the page
- Added better naming for drawn shapes
- Remove the uncut restriction from the fog intersection check
- Show the global loading bar in more scenarios
- Fix error message showing on refresh
- The home button in a room will now navigate to the profile page if the user is signed in
- Added a new scene persistence back-end which should provide lower latency, less network usage, and help with scene de-sync issues